How often did you want to get hold of some of the best dessert recipes to impress your loved ones? Here we have the most loved and appreciated dessert recipes of all times. Desserts may come and go, but there are some which have stood the test of time. If you want to don your baker’s hat and cook some of the best dessert recipes of all time, then choose your pick from the list below.
Best Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Steamed Bun Recipe
- 380 gm water
- 95 gm sugar
- 28 gm fresh yeast
- 725 gm flour
- 27 gm Dark Cocoa Powder
- 9 gm baking powder
- 6 gm salt
Whisk the water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a bread-like dough and let it rest in a box at around 38 degrees Celcius for half an hour. Cover this dough with a warm and wet cloth. Now make small balls of the dough and fold in the chocolate-coconut filling. Again let the balls rest for 30 minutes. Lastly, steam the buns for 5 minutes to get you chocolate steamed buns.
There are various modifications and alterations to this recipe. Some people put a cooking chocolate piece in the center of the dough while steaming that melts can come out like lava when you bite into it. Some people add various kinds of praline, nuts, or caramel fillings inside. The cocoa powder gives the buns a delicious chocolaty flavor that tastes divine on being steamed. Steaming a bun is different than baking it as you get a different taste altogether. Steamed buns often taste fresher and moister than the baked ones.
These buns are also known as bao. While steaming the bao is simple, the trick comes when you have to put a filling inside. You need to get some expertise with steaming the perfect bao at first and then trying with the filling ones.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water in a pan and cook. Keep stirring over medium flame until the mixture comes to a boil and the sugar gets dissolved. Next, remove from the gas and add in butter and vanilla into the mixture while still hot. Keep stirring to cool it a bit and melt the butter completely.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and nutmeg into the cooled mixture. Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and blend well. Store the dough in an airtight container. You should refrigerate this for a minimum of 12 hours. You can also use this dough after four days, but not after that.
- Next, heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove a little portion of the dough and knead until it is smooth. Roll it using a rolling pin up to ¼ inch thickness. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake.
- Bake until you see the cookies developing light brown edges. Allow them to cool by placing them on the wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Shop This Product Online
5 Pcs Cupcake Box Holder
Made of high-quality Kraft Paper, this cupcake box is good to go for easy-carry for lunch and other events. This cupcake box will prevent dust and preserve the cupcake’s flavor and garnishing. There are 12 Cupcake holders in 1 box with a standard measurement of 32.5 cm x 25 cm x 9cm. These are available in two color options – white and brown.