Have you ever tasted a cheese pie? If not, then what about eating a different dessert that will make you crazy for it? The filling of cream cheese and blackberry syrup makes it utterly delicious. Have a bite, and you can’t resist yourself from having a few more bites at one go!
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Cooling time – 1 hour
Serving – 6 to 8
- Blackberries – 5 cups
- Water – ½ cup
- Cornstarch – 3 tbsp
- White sugar – 2/3 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese – 2 packets, 8 ounces each (Always used the one at room temperature)
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 3 tsp, grated
- Pie shell – 8 inch
- Whipped cream and berries – for garnishing
How To Make Cheese Pie
- Take a saucepan of medium size and add 3 cups of berries to it. Pour the water and put the pan on medium heat. Let the berries boil for some time. When they will become soft, remove the excess water and allow the berries to cool.
- Transfer the berry syrup to the pan after removing the seeds of the berries. Add the cornstarch along with lemon juice and sugar. Let t boil for about 2 minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and let it cool.
- Once the berry syrup cools down, mix the cream cheese, lemon zest, and milk with it. Make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Take the baked pie shell and pour half of the syrup into it. Spread in an even layer. Now add the uncooked berries on the top of the layer followed by the leftover syrup on the top.
- Keep the pie shell within the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Now when you serve, add whipped cream on the top and serve. You can also add some fresh berries along with whipped cream on the top to make it all the more alluring.
Preparing Crust For Cream Cheese Pie
- Many people want to make their pie crust at home. This way, you can get the crust as you ant. If you also want to make the pie crust all by yourself at home, then you can easily do that by following the recipe below.
- Take a food processor and add the flour along with brown sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon powder, butter, and baking soda. Let them process for about 30 seconds.
- In a glass pan of 8 inches, add the crust mixture. Press the mixture with your fingers so that they stick to the bottom of the pie pan.
- Now insert the pan within the oven and bake it for about 12 minutes. When the color of the crust starts to become brown, take it out.
- The pie crust is ready. Now you can use it to make your delicious pie.
Some Important Tips
- Both bottled, as well as fresh lemon juice, are ideal for this recipe.
- If you are making the cheese pie for the first time, do not change any ingredient. Otherwise, the result will not be the same.
- You can opt for either fresh berries or frozen, as you like.