After a meal, a tasty mousse – umm..the thought itself is so tempting, right? If you can make that mousse dessert in your home, then isn’t it marvelous?
Of course, it is. Thus, I am going to share two recipes of mousse that will satisfy your dessert craving. In one recipe, I am going to use white chocolate chips whereas in another I will use butterscotch chips.
Mousse Dessert With White Chocolate
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Chilling time – 3 hours
- White chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Egg yolks – 4
- Sugar – ¼ cups
- Whipping cream – 1 ¼ cups
- Chocolate curls – for garnishing
- Take a bowl and add the egg yolks. Beat it with a hand mixer till it becomes thick. Slowly add the sugar and continue beating until all the sugar mixes with the egg yolks.
- Tip the heavy cream in a saucepan and warm it a little. Pour half of the warm cream into the egg mixture and mix well. Now transfer the egg and cream mixture in the saucepan and cook it on low flame till it becomes thick. Stir it continuously so that the mixture does not get burnt.
- Add the white chocolate chips in the saucepan and continue to stir until the chips get melted. Now take the saucepan off the flame and put a lid on it and keep it within the fridge for 2-3 hours until it is chilled completely.
- In the meantime, take a chilled bowl of medium size and pour the 1 ½ cups whipping cream in it and beat it until it becomes stiff.
- Take the bowl from the fridge out and add the beaten whipped cream in it. Give them a good mix. Take parfait or wine glasses and pour the mousse into them. Garnish with chocolate curls and immerse yourself into the white bliss.
Mousse With Butterscotch Chips And Soy Milk
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Butterscotch chips – 2 tbsp
- Soy milk – 1 tbsp + ¾ cup
- Butterscotch pudding and pie mix – 1 box
- Cool whip – 2 cups
- Banana slices – for garnishing
- Take a saucepan and add the 1 tbsp soy milk along with the butterscotch chips and put it on low flame. Stir it continuously till all the chips get melted and the mixture becomes thick. When done, take it off the flame and let it cool down a bit.
- In another bowl, tip the ¾ soy milk and add the pudding mix in it. Mix very well so that you get a thick mixture. Now add the warm butterscotch mixture in it as well as the 2 cups of cool whip. Mix everything very well.
- Your mousse is ready. If you want, you can serve it in a wine glass or parfait as soon as it is done. Garnish with the slices of banana. Otherwise, you can place the prepared mousse into the fridge until you serve it. When you want to serve it, take it out of the fridge, take spoonful into the serving glass, top it with banana slices or some extra cool whip and serve.