Cheesecake is a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. This Oven-Baked Cheesecake recipe is easy to follow and results in a moist, fluffy, and flavorful cheesecake every time. Whether you are looking for an impressive dessert to serve at your next dinner party or simply want something sweet and satisfying to enjoy after a meal, this recipe is sure to please!
- 1 cup (240 ml) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (240 grams) of sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Stir in the sour cream. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and firm. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Cool the cake completely before serving.
This delicious oven-baked cheesecake recipe is easy to follow and perfect for any occasion! The cream cheese, sugar and flour are blended together until smooth, then eggs are added until well blended. Sour cream is stirred in to complete the batter which is poured into a buttered 9 inch springform pan. The cake bakes for 55 minutes or until golden brown and firm, then cools for 10 minutes before being removed from the sides of the pan. Serve this scrumptious cheesecake at your next party or gathering! Enjoy!
Advantages Of Oven-Baked Cheesecake
1. There is no need to worry about a cheesecake sticking to the bottom of the pan, as this recipe uses a springform pan which will release the cake easily.
2. The oven-baked cheesecake will be golden brown and firm, providing a delicious and attractive dessert.
3. This recipe is easy to follow, making it perfect for any occasion.
4. The sour cream gives the cheesecake a creamy and rich flavor.
5. Oven-baked cheesecakes are generally denser than those that are baked on the stove top, making them perfect for serving a large crowd.
6. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger group.
7. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Disadvantages of Oven-Baked Cheesecake
1. The cheesecake will take longer to bake than those that are cooked on the stove top.
2. The cheesecake may not be as firm as some people prefer.
3. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge and eaten within 3 days.
4. The cheesecake can be a bit dense for some people’s tastes.
5. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, but it will require more oven space.
6. This recipe is not suitable for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan.
Tips To Enjoy The Oven-Baked Cheesecake
1. The cheesecake can be served with a variety of toppings, such as fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, whipped cream or nuts.
2. Leftovers can be reheated in the oven or microwave for a quick and easy snack or dessert.
3. The cheesecake can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Simply thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
4. If the cheesecake is too dense for your liking, try adding 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) of milk to soften it up.
5. For a different flavor profile, try using lime juice instead of vanilla extract or adding a bit of cinnamon to the batter.
The oven-baked cheesecake recipe is simple, requiring only a few ingredients and minimal prep time. If you’re looking for an easy dessert that will impress your guests, look no further than this delicious oven-baked cheesecake. Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoy this recipe!