This “Lime Pie Recipe Recipe” is simple to follow and produces a delicious, mouth-watering lime pie every time. The key to this recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors – not too sweet, not too sour. So if you’re looking for an amazing lime pie that will impress your friends and family, give this recipe a try!
- 1 9 inch pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup lime juice (from about 6-7 limes)
- Zest of 2 limes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt.
3. Gradually whisk in milk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Stir in lime juice and lime zest.
5. Pour mixture into pie crust.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until pie is golden brown and bubbly.
7. Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- For a Key Lime Pie, use lime juice, lime zest, and key lime juice in place of regular lime juice and zest.
- For a Creamsicle Pie, add 1/2 cup of orange juice to the filling mixture.
- If you’re looking for a more tart lime pie, reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup.
Health benefits of Lime Pie Recipe :
1. Prevents Heartburn: If you are prone to heartburn, eating lime pie may help. The citric acid in limes can help to balance the pH levels in your stomach and prevent that burning sensation.
2. Aids Digestion: Lime pie is a great way to get your digestive system moving thanks to the high fiber content of the crust and the fruit itself.
3. Boosts Immunity: Vitamin C is a key nutrient for boosting your immune system, and limes are packed with it. Enjoy a slice of lime pie to help keep you healthy all winter long.
4. Good for Skin: The antioxidants in lime juice can help to protect your skin from free radical damage and may even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Freshens Breath: The citric acid in lime juice helps to kill bacteria in your mouth, leaving your breath smelling fresh.
6. Balances pH Levels: Not only is lime pie a great way to balance pH levels in your stomach, but it can also help to alkalize your body as a whole. This is important because an overly acidic body can lead to a host of health problems.
7. Aids Weight Loss: Lime pie is a low-calorie dessert, making it a great choice if you’re trying to lose weight. Each slice contains just over 150 calories, plus some beneficial nutrients that can help with your goals.
Disadvantages of Lime Pie Recipe
1. May Cause Heartburn: The citric acid in limes can aggravate heartburn symptoms for some people. If you are prone to heartburn, avoid eating lime pie.
2. High in Sugar: One slice of lime pie contains nearly 25 grams of sugar, which is more than the recommended daily limit for women. If you’re trying to eat healthily, it’s best to avoid this dessert.
3. Could Cause Allergies: Some people may be allergic to limes, so if you experience any adverse reactions after eating lime pie, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
4. May Not Be Suitable for Diabetics: Lime pie is high in carbohydrates and sugar, which may not be suitable for people with diabetes. Speak to your doctor before eating this dessert if you have diabetes.
5. Not Suitable for Children: Lime pie is not recommended for children due to its high sugar content. Speak to your pediatrician before giving this dessert to your child.
Lime pie is a refreshing and tangy dessert that is perfect for summertime. This recipe is easy to follow and results in a pie that is both creamy and delicious